It is still October which means it is still Down Syndrome Awareness month! This
Saturday we will participate in our 3rd Buddy Walk as part of Team Jana. In our area, this event is pretty small, but I love that so many of our friends and family come out to show their support for our girl! It’s something we look forward to doing all year.
But today I wanted to do something a little different. Even though Down Syndrome is so much a part of Peanut’s life, she is so much more than a diagnosis. So today I wanted to help you learn a little more about our amazing girl. So you can see truly why she is just so amazing!
21 Non-Down Syndrome Facts About Peanut
- Her favorite snack right now is Mini Nilla Wafers
- Her favorite tv show is on Netflix, called KAZOOPS. If you haven’t seen it check it out. It has a little Beatles Yellow Submarine feel to it.
- She LOVES books! She can sit and flip through them all day. Her favorite are the ones that have a touch element and she always makes sure to feel each page.
- She only plays catch with her Daddy and big sister. She’ll toss it my way every once in a while, but with those two, they can sit for hours playing with the ball together.
- Which brings us to…..SHE IS A DADDY’S GIRL! From day one this girl had Daddy wrapped around her finger. I get picked first every once in a while, but I think that’s just to make me feel better 🙂
- Peanut is a people watcher! She loves to sit back and observe what is going on around her.
- Sitting outside is something we try to do every day. She loves crumbling up leaves and just watching cars go by.
- She will watch The Secret Life of Pets, Home or Hotel Transylvania 2 every day if we let her.
- Peanut loves pasta! This is somewhat of a new food she now will eat but she is definitely a fan.
- We have a peanut-butter and honey sandwich every day
- Bath time is the best part of the day
- Although she is very loving, she is very particular to who she will allow to hold her. She definitely has to feel safe and trusted before she will allow someone to interact with her closely.
- She has a thing about putting her hand down peoples shirts. We think its a touch sensitivity when she is tired. Almost like how newborns like to have the skin on skin contact.
- She loves her animals. We have 2 dogs and 2 cats, I think the cats are her favorite.
- Every night before bed, she has to play on mama and daddy’s bed for about 20 min. We both have to be there and she gets upset if one of us gets up. I think she enjoys the full attention we both can give her at this time.
- She has somehow learned how to open my phone and likes to look at herself on the camera
- Mirrors!! Though she is not vain, you might catch her giving herself lots of kisses if she has time in front of a mirror 🙂
- She is becoming a daredevil. She loves to somersault, be thrown in the air, climb things and even hang upside down. Though, heights do seem to worry her a little.
- Taking after her big sister, Peanut loves music! She will sit and play on her piano and then look up at everyone to make sure they are applauding her masterpiece.
- She seems pretty seriously mostly but loves making others laugh. Also, she makes others work for her giggles but mama knows the secret spots.
- Peanut is loving, intelligent, strong-willed, determined, playful, thoughtful, funny, adventurous, charming and beautiful inside and out.